LOCKDOWN UPDATE 02/11/2020
WE’RE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN!!
Following Saturday’s government announcement of a 4 week national lockdown, we wanted to reassure you all that we will remain OPEN
Because our work takes vital pressure OFF the NHS at this difficult time, our role is ‘essential’ so you will still have access to our Chiropractor. The government announcement has encouraged people to continue to access their necessary and routine healthcare.
During the first lockdown we closed as there was a lack of clarity regarding modes of transmission and necessary measures needed to keep everyone safe so we felt it was the right thing to do.
This time we are well versed in our strict risk assessments, PPE and hygiene procedures 🧼
We will continue to provide a safe environment for you to visit by following the strict guidelines issued by our professional associations, regulators and Public Health England.
If you’re shielding/in quarantine and unable to visit the clinic, we’ll be happy to give you support over the phone on 01444 812888 or with our complimentary video consultations during this period.
We want you to know we are here for you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Much love from the team at Nimbus Clinics
We have been closely following the guidelines set by our government, the NHS, public health officials and our governing body. Which has seen us temporarily close to protect the health, safety and well-being of our patients, employees and community to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are making sure that our clinic is COVID-secure and in line with governmental recommendations regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), health and safety. We will be initiating a phased return to clinical practice from Tuesday 12th May and will take every necessary precaution to ensure the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff.
Do I have to do anything differently when I come for my session?
Yes. There will be several new procedures we will be expecting from you as a patient during these times.
- If you have a new cough, high temperature or both please contact us to inform us and we will help to postpone your appointment.
- Please arrive on time, not early and not late.
- Please DO NOT COME IN, wait outside the clinic before your appointment either on the benches outside, or at the designated sticker.
- Before you enter the practice your practitioner will take your temperature. If it is deemed as high, you will be refused entry and your appointment will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Your practitioner will open the door for you.
- Please remove your shoes at the designated shoe rack.
- Use hand sanitiser and DO NOT TOUCH ANY SURFACES.
- Read and sign our consent form.
- Your practitioner will open the treatment room for you to enter.
Are there any changes to the treatment itself?
Yes. There will be certain things that we simply cannot do due to the risk of infection. However the usual treatment protocol will be amended as follows:
- If you have personal belongings that are not essential, please leave them at home or in your vehicle.
- Whilst updating your practitioner, please remain on the designated spots to maintain social distancing.
- Hands-on treatment will be modified to ensure we minimise the risk of respiratory droplet exposure.
- Exercises will either be performed on the treatment table, or they will be sent via email or conducted through a follow up video or telephone consultation.
- Once the treatment has concluded, the practitioner will book your next appointment with you and open the door for you.
How do I pay?
- We are only accepting payment by card, unfortunately any other form of payment will not be accepted at this time.
- Use hand sanitiser after your treatment.
- Put on your shoes.
- Your practitioner will open the door for you to leave.
What is the clinic and what are the practitioners doing for my safety?
- Besides maintaining social distancing for every other aspect of your time with us, you practitioner will be wearing an apron, gloves and a mask which will be changed after every session.
- All surfaces, treatment tables, door handles, pens, card machines etc. will be cleaned using detergent, followed by disinfectant which has been proven to be 99.99% effective against Coronavirus.
- There will be a 15 minute buffer between treatments to ensure we have adequate time to prepare for the next session.
- The only time there may be someone waiting in the reception is if more than one member of the same household are attending for their appointments.
- For those of our patients who are elderly or more vulnerable, we will be setting up designated time periods for your appointments similar to supermarkets to cater for your needs.
What if I’m not ready to start with my treatments yet?
That is totally fine, take whatever time you need to feel safe to resume your care with us. We will be here for you when you are ready. If you are in a high risk group, please stay at home. If you still need help, we are here for complimentary advice that we can give over the phone or via a video consultation. If you would like to book a free phone consultation please click here.