COVID-19 IPC rules withdrawn in England and Wales 01/06/2022
The governments of England and Wales have withdrawn their final COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Controls (IPC) rules, namely the PPE requirement for face masks to be worn in healthcare settings unless there is a known Covid infection risk.
For Scotland, the use of face masks will continue in healthcare settings, although expectations are that this rule may be withdrawn in July. Face mask use is still encouraged in Northern Ireland.
With the lifting of Covid-specific IPC rules in England and Wales, we will now be undertaking appropriate risk assessments to ensure the safety of our patients and employees, which, in some cases, may still require personal protection equipment (PPE) to be deployed.
Does this change anything when I come for my session?
Yes. There will be several new procedures that we will have in place.
- You may now arrive early or on time for your appointment as the door will no longer be locked and you no longer have to wait outside (unless we have no staff at the front desk, if the door is locked, please wait patiently and your practitioner will be with you as soon as they can).
- We will no longer be taking temperature checks upon entering.
- Staff will no longer be wearing disposable aprons.
- Practitioners may require the use of fans in the summer to help to regulate the room temperature, if you would prefer them not to during your session, please ask.
- Practitioners will continue to use gloves and masks as a minimum for all appointments to reduce the risk for our vulnerable clients.
- If you would feel more comfortable with your practitioner wearing more or full PPE, please make us aware so we can ensure you feel safe during your time with us.
We will be closely monitoring the outcomes of healthcare professions stopping the use of PPE before making a more informed decision for ourselves and our clients.
Much love from the team at Nimbus Clinics
LOCKDOWN UPDATE 05/01/2021
WE’RE ALLOWED TO STAY OPEN!!
Following the most recent government announcement of the next national lockdown, we wanted to reassure you all that we will remain OPEN.
Because our work takes vital pressure OFF the NHS at this difficult time, our role is ‘essential’ so you will still have access to our Chiropractor. The government announcement has encouraged people to continue to access their necessary and routine healthcare.
During the first lockdown we closed as there was a lack of clarity regarding modes of transmission and necessary measures needed to keep everyone safe so we felt it was the right thing to do.
After the second lockdown we are well versed in our strict risk assessments, PPE and hygiene procedures 🧼
We will continue to provide a safe environment for you to visit by following the strict guidelines issued by our professional associations, regulators and Public Health England.
If you’re shielding/in quarantine and unable to visit the clinic, we’ll be happy to give you support over the phone on 01444 812888 or with our complimentary video consultations during this period.
We want you to know we are here for you and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Much love from the team at Nimbus Clinics
We have been closely following the guidelines set by our government, the NHS, public health officials and our governing body. Which has seen us temporarily close to protect the health, safety and well-being of our patients, employees and community to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
We are making sure that our clinic is COVID-secure and in line with governmental recommendations regarding Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), health and safety. We will be initiating a phased return to clinical practice from Tuesday 12th May and will take every necessary precaution to ensure the health and safety of our patients, their families and our staff.
Do I have to do anything differently when I come for my session?
Yes. There will be several new procedures we will be expecting from you as a patient during these times.
- If you have a new cough, high temperature or both please contact us to inform us and we will help to postpone your appointment.
- Please arrive on time, not early and not late.
- Please DO NOT COME IN, wait outside the clinic before your appointment either on the benches outside, or at the designated sticker.
- Before you enter the practice your practitioner will take your temperature. If it is deemed as high, you will be refused entry and your appointment will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Your practitioner will open the door for you.
- Please remove your shoes at the designated shoe rack.
- Use hand sanitiser and DO NOT TOUCH ANY SURFACES.
- Read and sign our consent form.
- Your practitioner will open the treatment room for you to enter.
Are there any changes to the treatment itself?
Yes. There will be certain things that we simply cannot do due to the risk of infection. However the usual treatment protocol will be amended as follows:
- If you have personal belongings that are not essential, please leave them at home or in your vehicle.
- Whilst updating your practitioner, please remain on the designated spots to maintain social distancing.
- Hands-on treatment will be modified to ensure we minimise the risk of respiratory droplet exposure.
- Exercises will either be performed on the treatment table, or they will be sent via email or conducted through a follow up video or telephone consultation.
- Once the treatment has concluded, the practitioner will book your next appointment with you and open the door for you.
How do I pay?
- We are only accepting payment by card, unfortunately any other form of payment will not be accepted at this time.
- Use hand sanitiser after your treatment.
- Put on your shoes.
- Your practitioner will open the door for you to leave.
What is the clinic and what are the practitioners doing for my safety?
- Besides maintaining social distancing for every other aspect of your time with us, you practitioner will be wearing an apron, gloves and a mask which will be changed after every session.
- All surfaces, treatment tables, door handles, pens, card machines etc. will be cleaned using detergent, followed by disinfectant which has been proven to be 99.99% effective against Coronavirus.
- There will be a 15 minute buffer between treatments to ensure we have adequate time to prepare for the next session.
- The only time there may be someone waiting in the reception is if more than one member of the same household are attending for their appointments.
- For those of our patients who are elderly or more vulnerable, we will be setting up designated time periods for your appointments similar to supermarkets to cater for your needs.
What if I’m not ready to start with my treatments yet?
That is totally fine, take whatever time you need to feel safe to resume your care with us. We will be here for you when you are ready. If you are in a high risk group, please stay at home. If you still need help, we are here for complimentary advice that we can give over the phone or via a video consultation. If you would like to book a free phone consultation please click here.